Organisation: Barclays Bank
Job Summary: The Sales Manager will sell Barclays Africa Retail business products to walk-in customers to the branch, actively go out and recruit new customers. Support Local Business Development managers during the account opening process for new business and cross sales. Responsibilities include:
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. New Business Development 50%
· Increase product penetration for the customers under management by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers.
· Create customer proposals based on the needs analysis and follow through the sales process.
· Refer to the relevant product area for specialist product help or advice (e.g. Asset Finance) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to customers with the details.
· Achieve agreed sales targets for new accounts, cards, assets and liabilities, through a proactive calling program to Business Club customers.
· Conduct regular face-to-face customer visits and arrange focused social events and individual entertainment.
· Recruit new customers into the Business Club and manage the Business Club relationship once they become members. This includes following up on outstanding club fees, providing input to seminars and trips arranged for customers, and ensuring a high level of customer retention in the club.
· Interface with the Business Club Coordinator during the event planning for monthly or bi-monthly events including providing the invitation list, the theme for the event and identifying potential speakers.
· When customer wish to exit the Business Club, conduct exit interviews to determine the reasons for departure and feed these back to the Business Development Manager.
· On a regular basis, interface with the Vehicle and Asset Finance team, to ensure that product knowledge is kept up to date and that all opportunities are followed up.
· Update the customer database with customer demographics.
· When interfacing with business owners, identify potential opportunities for the owners to become Prestige or Premier Customers and ensure that leads are passed on the Affluent Segment for follow-up. Arrange introductions for the Premier or Prestige team where appropriate.
· Continuously monitor utilisation of credit facilities. Identify and resolve under-utilisation by contacting customers to determine the reasons and escalating service issues.
· Review the local media to identify potential target market customers.
· Manage own calling programmed, including identifying names to call on in a particular month and setting up the meetings. Obtain advice from the Business Development Manager if required.
· On a monthly basis, compile a report on the calling programmed for the month and personal sales progress against the targets as agreed. Present the report to the Business Development Manager.
· Participate in product campaigns that apply to Small and Medium Enterprises by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
· Conduct a detailed needs analysis for potential customers to determine which products would suit their business requirements.
2. Relationship Building 20%
· Increase product penetration for existing customer base by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers. Business Customer Advisors are expected to service a portfolio of up to 1000 customers.
· Update the customer database with customer demographics.
3. Compliance / KYC 20%
Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to the Branch Manager or Team Leader for final review before submitting to operations for processing. Business Customer Advisors are however held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
Follow the end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorised and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level timelines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Business Development Manager or Branch Manager or Head Of SME..
Comply with general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
Conduct snap checks as allocated by the Business Development Manager.
Sign customer contracts on behalf of the bank once the contents have been agreed by all internal parties in accordance with current procedures.
Approve manual transactions sent by customers to the branches prior to the payments being released.
4. Risk Interface 10%
Initiate credit applications for new and existing customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis and submitting applications to Retail credit for approval.
Collect securities documentation from customers ensuring that the securities meet Barclays standards and any specific requirements depending on the facilities offered to the customer. Check all such documentation before submitting to the back office.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The candidate should possess Banking product sales experience
A first degree in Banking or Commerce will be preferred
Minimum requirement of A-levels or equivalent with good pass in Mathematics and English.
At least one year's experience in a front-line banking sales/marketing/service environment
Knowledge of the Bank's products, services and policies including standard tariffs.
A good understanding of overall Retail goals & objectives, including the branch's objectives growth of sales, cost control and income contribution
A thorough understanding of the sales process
A working knowledge of the procedure manuals
A good working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti-Money laundering, banking code, service standards, health & safety standards etc
A thorough knowledge of the bank's internal departments, systems & procedures as well as risk & rigour requirements
Prior experience in dealing with local business loan applications.
An understanding of competitor products and services in the SME segment.
Possess excellent planning & organisation skills
Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Good PC skills
Good numeracy & analytical skills
Good selling/influencing skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th October, 2013