Job title: Commissioner
Job category: Legal
Closing date: October 28, 2013
• The Commissioner heads the Law Revision department;
• Proposing programmes for law revision for approval by the Commission;
• Planning and reviewing work programmes for the law revision department for approval by the Commission;
• Coordinating activities of the department with other Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
• Carrying out sensitization of stakeholders on activities of the Commission;
• Developing work plans and budgets for the department;
• Implementing and appraising national development strategies and projects in relation to Law Revision;
• Supervising, directing and evaluating performance of subordinate staff of the department;
• Providing professional leadership in the department;
• Overseeing staff development strategies;
• Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of departmental activities;
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• All candidates should be Ugandans who possess honours’ bachelor's degree in Law from a recognised University and a diploma in legal practice from Law Development Centre.
Skills and Experience:
• At least ten (10) years of relevant working experience, two (2) of which should be at the level of Assistant Commissioner in Government or equivalent experience from a reputable organisation.
• Possession of Computer skills is desirable.
• Knowledge of project planning and management is desirable
• A relevant Masters' degree will be an added advantage..
How to apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications to fill the post of Commissioner currently available at Uganda Law Reform Commission. Applicants should attach fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) accompanied by a recent passport size photograph.
Serving Government Officers should preferably route their applications through their Heads of Department.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate to;
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
Plot 1, Pilkington Road, 8th Floor, Workers House,
P.O. Box 12149 Kampala. Uganda
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org