Job Title: Welder- QSL/OGEC/08/13-13 (6 positions)
Organization Q-Sourcing Ltd
City : Kampala,
Closing Deadline: 16th Oct 2013
• Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
• Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
• Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
• Performs Weld Fit Up independently
• Weld metal materials to piping systems equipment using the appropriate welding procedure for the various equipment and metal types involved.
• Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
• Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
• Identify all equipment for job and process.
• Identify all safety risks and requirements
• Observes safety and security procedures
• Reports potentially unsafe conditions
Qualifications & Experiences:
• High school degree or relevant experience as a welder
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
• Certificates in weld High Pressure lines
• A valid Welder ticket from a recognized
• provincial training authority
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others.
• Perform heavy maintenance work involving climbing, rigging, and exposure to high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance with all company safely procedures.
• Certificates in first aid,
• Certificates hydrogen sulfur awareness
• language: English
• Safety Training Courses and Medical Certificate
• Participate in all safely training
How to Apply:
All applicants are strongly advised to clearly state and highlight their suitability for the above positions, and to send their curriculum vitae - highlighting the job reference number to: The Human Resource Manager,
Plot 29, Bukoto Street,
P.O. Box 12883,