Vacancy: Research Associate for Monitoring and Evaluation
Recruiting Company : International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
Duty Station: Kampala,
Application Deadline: 31st March 2014
• Take leadership in developing the overall project monitoring strategy, and provide technical leadership for its operationalization;
• Develop and manage the project data base, pooling all data and outputs from the different project activities into one place where scientists and the policy actors can access it from;
• Basing on the result based management strategy, develop specific M&E strategies that the project can adopt to track progress of all project activities, their progress and measure their impact on participants’ knowledge, attitude and skills, and changes in policy implementation actions/strategies;
• Operationalization of the project result-based management plan and the M&E strategy
• Work with the research associate facilitating the learning alliance platform to develop and maintain a monitoring strategy for the iterative social learning process and its impacts;
• Track progress of how the social learning influences research activities, development of research products and policy engagement actions;
• Development of project annual work plans, by compiling various activity plans developed by partnering institutions, conducting progress reviews and writing project performance reports;
• Support scientists to integrate monitoring and evaluation indicators in the implementation of research activities
• Attend to any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• The candidate should have an MSc in agricultural or social sciences (e.g. development management, agricultural economics, agricultural extension education, monitoring and evaluation) with practical experience in designing and implementing M&E strategies in R4D research projects.
• Experience in developing program/project performance monitoring plans
• Experience in developing tools for monitoring program/project impact
• Ability to develop, review and update project databases
• Demonstrated ability to write, synthesize and (co-)publish policy documents and or journal articles.
• Ability to synthesize and present information for management decision making
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and deliver under minimum supervision.
Applications must include a covering letter, curriculum vitae, and names and addresses of three professional referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Representative,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) - Uganda,
P.O. Box 7878,
Plot 15 Naguru East Road,
Please indicate the following on the envelope: East Africa Flagship 4 application.