Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: Britam Insurance
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Britam Insurance Uganda is Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern Africa region. The company offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will mainly be responsible for ensuring the organization has sound financial management processes and procedures in place and the administration function of the Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Make sure that proper books of accounts are maintained to satisfy legal and internal requirements;
· Submit timely and accurate monthly financial and accounting information to management;
· Prepare year end accounts and ensure that the year-end audit exercise progresses smoothly;
· Develop, enhance and implement sound accounting and operating procedures including sound internal controls and ensure adherence to company policies;
· Prepare and compile company budgets and control costs in line with the approved budgets;
· Guide and offer leadership to the team and manage performance;
· Responsible for treasury management including cash flow management and allocation of funds in accordance to the various competing priorities;
· Ensure premiums received are correctly allocated to policies and action taken on the issue arising there from resolution of the suspense and data issues;
· Prepare and submit various statutory returns, e.g. to The Commissioner of Insurance;
· Drive 100% continuous Statutory and Legal compliance of the company;
· Ensure that the back office is running efficiently managing procurement and other areas;
· Perform any other duties as required.
· The applicant should possess a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) or its equivalent degree;
· Be a Qualified Accountant;
Skills and Experience:
At least six years’ professional experience in a professional firm or a financial related organization;
· Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
· Strong team player with excellent leadership skills;
· High degree of personal integrity;
· Attentive to detail and analytical;
· Possess the ability to work in a fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including note taking and summarizing skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels in a clear, appropriate and timely manner;
· Customer focus and orientation.
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.