Job Title:Senior Data Specialist, STAR-E LQAS
Reports to: Director, STAR-E LQAS
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Senior Data Specialist will support the central LQAS database for capturing, managing and analyzing data resulting from community LQAS survey and health facility assessment. S/he will also provide support and training for data base design and maintenance, data transfer from district level, editing and data quality procedures, analysis and use at the central level. The Job holder is expected to maintain communications, coordination and data linkages with other USAID implementing partners (projects) supporting LQAS and HFA processes at the district level.
1. Lead the management and maintenance of the central LQAS database and reporting system.
2. Oversee, LQAS and HFA data entry, cleaning and transfer to the central level database.
3. Evaluate the quality of data collected to ensure that it complies with the required standards.
4. Coordinate and provide technical guidance on the analysis and presentation of LQAS and HFA data.
5. Develop quantitative analysis plans in liaison with STAR-E LQAS Director and ensure timely implementation of the analysis plans.
6. Coordinate results from quantitative analysis to decide in consultation with STAR-E LQAS whether the set of indicators being monitored may need to be revised.
7. Oversee the routine and ad hoc data analysis and report generation stemming from the LQAS database.
8. Facilitating the use of LQAS and HFA data for central and district level monitoring, planning and policy assessment.
9. Establish and maintain communications and data sharing with other organizations at the national level.
10. Support the development of the GIS capability of the LQAS database.
11. Perform other duties as may be asked by the STAR-E LQAS Director.
A basic degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science and an MSc in Statistics, Epidemiology or Biostatistics
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EXPOSURE
· Five years in data management and analysis with at least two years in program monitoring and Evaluation.
· Exposure to LQAS community survey data.
· Database design and management using SQL or Ms Access database software
· Skills in collecting and sorting large volumes of data.
· Data analysis using STATA or R.
· Skills in monitoring and Evaluation
How to apply
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann Drive Bugolobi, P O Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org.
Deadline for submission: February 8, 2013.