at NARO in Entebbe
Plant Conservation ExpertThe National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) in partnership with Cornell University is implementing a project and would like applicants for the position above.
• She will lead and guide the establishment of a functional plant conservation unit at NaCRRI.
• Work closely with civil works (engineer and architects) to finalize the design and construction plans of a plant conservation facility that combines both vegetative and seed propagated crops.
• In partnership with selected breeding programs take lead in establishment core germ-plasm core collection for each breeding program basing on either phenotypic and/or genotypic data.
• In partnership with selected crop breeding programs , take lead in establishing standard operating procedures for germ-plasm evaluation and characterization using both phenotypic descriptors and genomic data.
• Ph degree in conversation genetics and/or population genetics
• Practical experience with large –scale germ-plasm collections and pre-breeding activities,
• Practical experience in high throughput genotyping and phenol-typing;
• Practical experience in routine management of a busy gene-bank;
How to apply
Applicants should send an application letter explaining their interest in the position , what they can bring to the job and indicating earliest availability, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience .
The Director General ,
National Agricultural Research Organization
P. O. Box 295, Entebbe