Saturday, 18 May 2013
Programming Officer - World Food Program in Kampala
Job Title: Programming Officer
The World Food Programme is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger . It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda .
• Responsible for programme management as part of the Food & Nutrition Security sub unit;
• Responsible for the review of call forwards for commodities from the sub office
• Tracking of work plans and periods of food deliveries/cash transfers of sub projects
• Participate in the quarterly desk audit of partiners
• University Degree in economics agriculture , international affairs, business administration, social sciences, development studies or a field relevant to international development assistance from a recognized institution .
• At least six years post graduate relevant working experience in development projects and/or emergency assistance gained from reputable organizations
• Previous management experience is necessary.
• Knowledge of Project planning and management is desirable
How to apply
Ugandan Nationals who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates under confidential cover quoting on the envelope the vacancy announcement number and name of the applicant to ;
The Human resources Officer
UN World Food Program
P. O. Box 7159 Kampala.
Deadline: 30 /05 /2013