Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Namayingo District Service Commission is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position above .
• Procuring goods and services in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Enforcing adhering to procurement regulations (Government or Donor).
• Preparing bidding documents and contracts .
• Developing appropriate systems , procedures and guidelines for procurement secretarial and contracts committee;
• Evaluating bids for high value and specialized procurements and disposals ;
• Preparing , administering and issuing approved contracts plus other procurement functions .
• Either an Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement /Purchasing and Supplies of Business
• Administration (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies ) or Commerce (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies ) plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized institution .
• OR full Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) plus a post graduate
• Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized awarding Institution .
How to apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following posts in Namayingo District Local Government . Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008) to the Secretary , Namayingo District Service Commission P. O. Box 64, Bugiri to be received by the deadline.
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Office Kampala and the District Service Commission offices countrywide.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against each vacancy . Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, plus 3 recent passport size photographs . Only applications on PSC, Form No. 3 (2008) will be accepted.
Applicants already in service must route their applications through their heads of department who must be informed of the closing date to avoid delay . Only successful applicants will be contacted .
Deadline: 20 /06 /2013