Monday 22 July 2013
Water Resources Manager Careers - ILISO Consulting (Pty)
Job title: Water Resources Manager Careers
Ltd is South African firm of Consulting Engineers and Project Managers. It is a member of the South African Association of Consulting Engineers (SAACE) and SABTACO (South African Black Technical Allied Careers Organisation). ILISO Consulting (Pty) Ltd has opened up a country office in Uganda and is looking for competent staff to fill the following senior positions at this office. ILISO Consulting (Pty) Ltd head office is located in South Africa at Centurion, Pretoria and has branch offices in Bethlehem, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, George, Port Elizabeth, Kimberley, and Botwana.
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 8 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: July 14, 2013 - 5pm
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Represent the company for all water resources engineering matters.
· Develop the business sector by preparing proposals (technical and financial), submit to the client and follow up, represent the company in tender negotiations, prepare technical and progress reports to the client’s satisfaction.
· Conduct feasibility studies, preliminary designs, detailed designs of water delivery systems and wastewater collection, water and wastewater treatment.
· Prepare scope of work documents and technical specifications relating to water resources engineering for bid documents and for works contracts.
· Evaluate proposals submitted from bidders relative to water resources engineering for Works contracts and make recommendations for award of contracts with respect to water resources engineering aspects of proposals.
· Prepare engineer’s cost estimates for the water resources engineering discipline
· Review contractor’s submittals for approval and respond to Request for Information (RFI’s).
· Visit projects sites to attend project meetings, observe field conditions, evaluate environmental constraints, resolve problems, perform special inspections and field reporting and advising.
· Organize, draft, finalize, coordinate and manage technical documents.
· Attend regularly scheduled in-house meetings as well as meetings with clients and contractors.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· The applicant should hold a master’s degree in water resource engineering or equivalent.
· At least eight (08) years’ experience in the water resource engineering designs and construction supervision
· The manager should be a registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board or equivalent.
· Experience in preparing technical and financial proposals for consulting services
Contact/How to apply:
All candidates should send a detailed curriculum vitae / resume, copies of academic papers, copies of registration certificates, expected salary, and names/contact of three referees by email preferably in portable document format (PDF) to the email address provided or hand deliver to
Country Director – Uganda,
ILISO Consulting (Pty) Ltd,
Plot 38-42 Ntinda Road,
Capital Shoppers City,
P.O. Box 21291,