Accountant/HR CoordinatorEach year, over 1.8 million children under the age of five die from diarrhea, a leading cause of which is unsafe drinking water. Dispensers for Safe Water (DSW) is an entrepreneurial team tasked with scaling the Chlorine Dispenser System (CDS) – a proven innovation that dramatically expands access to water treatment at an extremely low cost. DSW is growing rapidly: we currently serve almost 100,000 people in Uganda. Our goal is to reach 5 million people in the next 3 years in multiple countries, which will prevent 2.3 million cases of child diarrhea and avert over 2,200 child deaths each year.
Job title: Accountant/HR Coordinator
City / Location: Kampala, Uganda
Required languages: English
Closing date: August 10, 2013 - 11pm
The DSW program seeks to fill a vacant position for an Accountant/HR Coordinator to support our scale-up work in Uganda. For this position, we are seeking a person who is motivated by the opportunity to expand a program with proven impact, potential to improve the health of millions and save thousands of lives. The Accountant/HR Coordinator will be based in IPA’s Kampala Office, with some travel to field sites, and will work with the DSW team to support all accounting and HR work as part of the programme. The IPA Finance Manager will provide administrative and technical oversight for this position.
TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness and ensure that they have been fully approved before payment; post all transactions into Quick Books.
• Maintain the uncleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance Manager.
• Review and prepare checks, cash payment vouchers, or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents, and present to approved check-signers for review and signature; make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to best practices.
• File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
• Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented; reconcile the bank and cash accounts monthly.
• Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions.
• Maintain benefits accrual documentation and prepare benefits monthly accrual entries.
• Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of payroll and ensure timely submission of appropriate statutory deductions in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepare allocation journal entries to clear pool accounts.
• Maintain lease and rental agreement files and prepare monthly amortization entries of prepaid accounts.
• Carrying out cash counts with the Finance Manager.
• Prepare photocopies of vouchers and other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package.
• Ensure expenses are legally reimbursable based on grant agreements (e.g. USAID).
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports including account balances, cash flow and cash request statements, and additional periodic financial reports as requested by IPA management.
• Assist with yearly audit engagements.
• Establish credit payment facilities with preferred suppliers upon request.
• Receive and review purchase requests and procurement documentation submitted by the program; pay suppliers in a timely manner once documentation received.
• Compile monthly statements for review.
• Maintain and update compliant short-term and long-term employment DSW specific contract templates.
• Issue employment contracts to new staff upon request and maintain updated file and database of employee contract agreements and key HR data .
• Ensure staff are oriented to basic administrative procedures, enrolled in appropriate benefit programs and oriented to key policies and how to use benefits.
• Ensure the Finance Manager has all the information on DSW Staff to be able to pay staff on time, add bonuses and make appropriate salary deductions.
• Maintain overview and support performance review process for all program staff.
More information on the Dispenser for Safe Water Program can be found at: http://poverty-action.org/safewater
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Accounting/HR Coordinator. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. IPA is an equal opportunity employer. Please direct questions to Astrid R.N. Haas, email@example.com
Contact/How to apply:
Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Accountant/HR Coordinator”
Please attach the following documents:
• Cover letter explaining interest in the position and fit for the role
• Salary Expectations
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
formore jobs visit http://easyjobfinderug.blogspot.com/