Job Title: Film Classification Officers
The Medical Council is seeking to recruit qualified suitable applicants to fill the vacant post mentioned above .
• Preview films videos, and plays for purposes of censoring and classifying .
• View and classify films , videos /DVD movies , plays to determine an age rating based on official guidelines
• Generate data on each production title previewed in the official log.
• Must be familiar with the legislation governing film classification and must be able to explain both the legislative framework and the film classification process to clients and the general public .
• A good University degree in any of the humanities .
• Good cognitive skills in media literacy issues and familiarity with laws and regulations relating to media content .
• Strong communication skills in spoken and written English as well as knowledge of at least two local languages
• Should not be currently a member of any production unit.
• Relevant experience will be an added advantage
How to apply
Application letters for the above posts accompanied with curriculum vitas , including a phone contact should be submitted to; The Secretary , Media Council, P. O. Box 23780, 6th floor Postal Building , Kampala.
Deadline: 26/ 04 /2013