Job Title: Public Health Specialist
The U. S. Mission Uganda is inviting qualified candidates with rightful documents for the vacant position above .
• Education required : Completion of a masters degree in public health , epidemiology, or health policy , or education , or public administration is required .
• Work Experience required : Four years of progressively responsible experience in a public health or development related public or non-governmental organization is required.
• Language required: Level IV English ability (fluent written , spoken and reading).
• Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest , budget and visa status in determining successful candidacy .
• Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply .
• Current Ordinary Resident employees with an overall summary Rating of needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply .
• Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calender days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
How to apply
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application .
Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
A current resume or curriculum vitae .
Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application . Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preferance must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application .
Any documentation that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application to;
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
Deadline: 03 / 06 /2013