Job Title: Life Magazine Editor
The Daily Monitor is recruiting candidates for the vacant position above.
• Develop story ideas and assign reporters /correspondents
• Debrief reporters on assignments being done
• Be the lead writer for life magazine and write at least two cover stories every month
• Continually build contracts with sources of features
• University Degree in Mass Communication or any related field from an accredited Institution.
• At least 5 years journalism experience and demonstrated writing and editing experience in a newsroom, with strong emphasis on features writing and editing
• Possesses broad knowledge of local and regional issues and /or depth of knowledge on features.
• Must have a good eye for detail, with excellent spelling , grammer and punctuation skills .
How to apply
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate , please submit your application , detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number to;
The Resourcing & Talent Management Specialist , Monitor Publications Ltd . P. O. Box 12141, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 03 /07 /2013