Job Title: Chief JudgeThe Judicial Service Commission is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position above.
• A Ugandan who has been a judge of a Court having unlimited jurisdiction in civil and criminal matters or a Court having jurisdiction in appeals from any such Court or has practiced as an advocate for a period not less than ten years before a Court having unlimited jurisdiction in civil and criminal matters
• Any period during which a person has practiced as a public officer holding an office for which qualification as an Advocate is required shall be taken into account in calculating the period of practice.
• Presides over the proceedings of the Industrial Court.
• Arbitrates on labour disputes referred to the Court under The Labour Disputes (Arbitration and Settlement) Act No. 8 of 2006
• Adjudicates upon questions of law and fact arising from references made to the Industrial Court under any other law .
• Recieves and handles appeals from decisions of labour Officers .
How to apply
Applications are invited from suitable and eligible Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts currently available in the courts of Judicature.
Applications should be submitted to the secretary , Judicial Service Commission
Farmers House , P. O. Box 7679, Kampala
Deadline: 19 /08 /2013
more jobs visit http://easyjobfinderug.blogspot.com/