Job title: Field Technician Level 1
Ugacom is in charge of the maintenance of all the Eaton telecom sites over Uganda.
A department of operation and maintenance (O&M) is dedicated to this task.
Within the department of O&M the country is divided into three different geographical areas.
Job title: Field Technician Level 1
City / Location: Kampala
Closing date: August 28, 2013 - 5pm
The field technician will be in charge of a cluster of sites in a specific area.
His charges include minor maintenance tasks up to major maintenance intervention.
The technician shall install set-up, rearrange, or remove power equipment used in telecommunications sites.
He shall do service and/or repair power equipment on customers' property.
He may install, check, repair, maintain wiring, electrical distributions boards in buildings
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain power supply chain on telecommunications sites,
• Maintain and repair Generator, AC board, automation, DC equipment to ensure that it functions properly and conforms to specifications,
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment, including adjusting and lubricating components,
• The technician will have to test circuits and components of malfunctioning power supply chain equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, and other hand tools,
• The technicians have to repair or replace faulty equipment such as genset parts, breakers, wires, power system components, automation,
• Inspect equipment on a regular basis in order to ensure proper functioning,
• Request support from technical service centers, his supervisor when on-site procedures fail to solve installation or maintenance problems,
• Communicate with supervisor or technical support to receive instructions or technical advice, or to report equipment status,
• Analyze trouble reports to determine equipment repair needs and required repair methods
• Remove and remake connections in order to change circuit layouts, following work orders or diagrams if needed,
• Address special issues or situations, such as illegal or unauthorized use of equipment, or cases of electrical shock
• Remove loose wires and other debris after work is completed,
• Deliver fuel on sites when it is instructed by the management
• Clean and maintain tools, test equipment, and motor vehicles
• Ensures that the site is clean and all used spares are disposed of respectively to the designated areas
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Equipment: Diesel Generators maintenance, AC and DC power, automation
• Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure the equipment are working properly,
• Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it, on all power supply chain on site,
• Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
• Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
• Health and safety skills:
• Make sure that PPE is in proper use.
• Communication skills:
• Speaking - Talking and reporting to others to convey information effectively
• Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making
• Communicate effectively and professionally with team members and the management.
• Driving skills: must know how to drive manual gear box cars, especially 4WD.
• Education, works experience requirements, works values
• Certificates: Electrical installation certificate as a must.
• Experience: At least one to three years of service in the Electrical field.
• Works values: integrity, availability, technical spirit
Contact/How to apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses