Job title: Shop Assistants - Retail
Job category: Customer Support/Client Care
Min. years of experience: 1 year
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)
Minimum degree: Certificate
Closing date: April 19, 2013 - 4pm
While being the physical ‘face of the Company’ in the marketplace, this position aims to provide exceptionally high levels of customer service to customers at the Company Shops and/ or Kiosks and to convincingly convey the Company’s value proposition (speed, quality, reliability, simplicity) to customers.
Servicing of customer needs will includeproduct/ service demonstrations, new customer acquisitions,airtime and equipment sales, and customercare (including customer queries and complaints management).
Adherence to the relevant Company administrative procedures with regard to reporting, cash handling and safety is key.
• Provide for smooth operations of assigned shop/ outlet and for delivering the shop/ outlet’s sales targets, e.g. new customer acquisitions, airtime sales
• Uphold the Company’s value proposition of speed, quality, reliability and simplicity, and convey it to walk-in customers in a convincing manner
• Up-sell and cross-sell the Company products and services in accordance with agreed processes and guidelines
• Maintain records of all inventories, monitor inventory levels and prepare stock inventory reports; order new supplies in accordance with approved stock levels
• Manage customer relations, attend to customer queries and take prompt corrective measures, escalate where necessary and follow-up until all customer issues are resolved
• Register Company customers onto the Company network as required
• Build and maintain effective relationships with customers (internal and external)
• Complete required daily, weekly and monthly reports and submit timeously to assigned manager as required. Make appropriate recommendations where necessary
• Ensure that merchandise is clean and well displayed in accordance with agreed standards
• Maintain shop cleanliness and health and safety
• Ensure and maintain security of all cash and high risk items at all times
• Participate in sales and other staff meetings as required from time to time
• Actively participate in activities and events and contribute to overall team success
• Provide any other ad hoc duties assigned from time to time by the Line Manager or any other person appointed by the Company for this purpose
Education and experience
• Certificate of Secondary Education
• Ability to work long hours and possibly some weekends
• Demonstrable successful 1 – 2 years in retail environment and/or customer care/ service
• Previous experience with data and/or Telco related products or services
• PC Literate (MS Office, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint, social media + Other)
• Experience with an ISP or telecom services provider advantageous
• Numeracy and accuracy, used to dealing with cash
• Demonstrable successful interpersonal and networking skills
Contact/How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Please mark your application and the email or envelope subject should be “position name - PPG” where you replace position name with the position you would like to apply for. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group