City: Kamwenge, Kiboga, Mpigi, Nakasongola and Amuria
Closing date: August 30, 2013 - 5pm
The Market Facilitator will coordinate and implement objectives of the LIFE project within the selected ADP areas in collaboration with partners and to ensure the Community Development Assistants achieve results according to the requirements of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Implementation:
• Ensure that LIFE project activities are integrated or synchronized with ongoing ADP interventions so as to ensure sustainability and avoid duplication.
• Supervise and monitor ongoing LIFE activities.
• Conducting participatory Value Chain Analysis and development with producers and stakeholders.
• Ensure quality in the roll out of the Savings group (VSLA) model
• Ensure tracking of VSLA group performance through the SAVIX MIS system in collaboration with the national office MIS officer
• Creatively promote quality seed multiplication sites in the communities through enhanced partnerships and macro propagation especially for bananas
2. Capacity building and Training
• Mobilization of producers into groups and conducting trainings to build capacities on; group management, financial literacy, basic market skills, value chain innovation, NRM and production skills.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to producers and producer groups to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with markets.
• Identify technical experts for unfilled capacity gaps in the community groups such as farmer field schools.
3. Market Information and Marketing Facilitation:
• Working with relevant partners, develop/create market information systems and sensitize producer groups on how to utilize information to facilitate marketing.
• Record value chain networks and contacts in a way that can be readily backed up, transferred and accessed.
• Communicate useful contacts and opportunities to ADP staffs, local facilitators and with relevant producer groups.
• Communicate market opportunities and supporting information to WV Staff, local facilitators and producer groups.
4. Engagement and networking:
• Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation.
• Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with LIFE Uganda and related issues at the ADP level.
• Identify market development opportunities that present through networks and relationships with other institutions and organizations and NGOs working in the areas of Market Access and development of the targeted crops.
• Work closely with District initiatives through the District production Office on constraints of targeted crops and Agricultural initiatives
• Effectively document all information related to project successes and best practices thus sharing it in agriculture magazines or news papers.
• Create a bank of pictures, videos, aired radio programs and most significant change stories on the project in the selected ADP
• Document and report initial market assessment findings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Market Facilitators should possess degrees in Marketing, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or Agriculture with strong experience of value chain development.
• Three or more years experience in market led agriculture, agri-business, value chain development project or marketing.
• Demonstrated experience in market assessment, market analysis, market research or closely related role.
• Previous experience in research design and implementation experience.
• Strong experience in networking, community mobilization and facilitation.
• Report writing experience.
• Demonstrated experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of market development projects.
• Commitment to implementing WV’s vision and mission at all levels and in all aspects of the project.
• Relevant teamwork experience and good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of social backgrounds.
• Mature Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to email@example.com. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.