Job Title Sr. Grants Manager
Closing date: 04 Nov 2013
Description This position is contingent upon funding.
Position Summary: Pact seeks a Sr. Grants Manager for an anticipated USAID rights and rule of law program in Uganda focused on preserving rule of law in order to improve democratic governance and accountability. Objectives include supporting an independent judiciary, fostering advocacy, and advancing the flow of information while focusing on organizational capacity development of local/regional partners. The Grants Manager is responsible for monitoring the entire grant management process and ensuring proper compliance with USAID regulations and program objectives. This includes developing results, indicators, and targets as well as an annual work plan which reflect the objectives of the grants program. Working with the COP, component and financial managers, this position will oversee financial reporting and selection of applications to ensure conformity with the grants program criteria, including the implementation of partner capacity building (technical, organizational, and financial management). Strong candidates will have performed served in similar roles and have extensive experience with USAID rules, regulations, processes and procedures, preferably on rule of law projects in Africa.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of a comprehensive USAID grants program including: design and development of RFAs, proposal evaluation, grant issuance, monitoring and support and capacity building of sub-grantees during implementation, and closeout;
• Develop templates and administer grants in compliance with USAID regulations and Pact policies and procedures;
• Review and analyze budget estimates consistent with USAID grant and program requirements;
• Ensure compliance on the part of grantees with regard to financial, implementation, reporting, and other requirements;
• Train sub-grantees on proper management procedures and provide technical assistance as necessary;
• Supervise grant officers, based in satellite offices;
• Oversee grants management software and train others on its use.
• Serve on the Senior Management Team and contribute to the overall design and direction of the program;
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, International Affairs or related field. Master’s degree in project management, financial and organization management or in a related discipline such as social science is highly preferred;
• At least 5 years of experience managing and administering U.S. Federal grants and/or contracts;
• Experience working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations, including fiscal controls and fund accounting procedures;
• Grants Management Training experience highly preferred;
• Demonstrated ability in the design, award and closeout of grants of various sizes and types;
• Possess necessary analytical skills to identify and assess credibility of potential sub-grantees;
• Strong computer skills, as well as strong written/oral communications skills;
• Proven success in navigating complex and high pressure operating environments;
• Ability to efficiently work in teams and coordinate between various stakeholders;
• Fluency in English.
• Prior relevant work experience in Uganda or other African country preferred.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org