Employer: World Vision Uganda
Duty Station: Kaabong
Application Deadline: 30th Aug 2013
• Provide technical support to field staff implementing KLEP II Livelihood project in Kaabong district in the areas of Agricultural Production and Sustainable Environmental Management and cooperative approach to farming.
• Work closely with the District Production and Environmental offices to ensure that project meets its objectives and is technically feasible for implementation including ensuring that the right types of inputs that are suitable for Karamoja region have been procured and delivered on timely manner.
• Work closely with NGOs implementing similar projects in Kaabong District to ensure that there is complementarities and project resources are used to the optimum level.
• Work with the team to form and support community groups focusing on the introduction of the VSLA methodology.
• Identify and support Vocational skills support to unemployed youth.
• Grow business skills development to target community groups and individuals to enhance their income capacity.
• Formation and support to FFS/agricultural farmer groups focusing on improved modern farming practices
• Support small scale irrigation farming through drilling of bore holes, promotion of kitchen gardening
• Promote proper hygiene and nutrition practices, agronomy practices to maximize the utilization and productivity of available land.
• In liaison with the Field Teams prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports which reflect activities accomplished in the agricultural production and environmental management areas.
• Represent WV team in district food security and livelihood meetings and same sector forums within the region.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A minimum of a Degree in relevant fields of Agribusiness, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Development Studies.
• Excellent facilitation skills in SPM of IGA, agronomic practices.
• Vast experience in the VSLA and FFS methodology
• At least 3 years work experience with an NGO in the application of the 2 methodologies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good riding skills with valid riding permit
• Knowledge of the Karamoja peace and conflict settings and the community at large.
• Mature Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: email@example.com.
NB: Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line. (Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.