Job Title: Regional Coordinator (WASH)
Employer: World Vision Uganda
Duty Station: Gulu
Application Deadline: 30th Aug 2013
● Coordinate and motivate a team of supervisory and technical staff ensuring they are working according to activity plans.
● Develop close working relationship with relevant district officials to ensure the project is in line with district plans.
● Monitor and report on field based activities (through monthly and quarterly report) and budgets ensuring they are within the bounds of the proposal document and to the required guidelines and regulations.
● Work in close collaboration with the ADP Cluster Management ensuring that project implementation is integrated into ADP programming through frequent dialogue and support.
● Ensure that management and monitoring information is fed back to project management to aid objective decision making for improved project delivery.
● Annual appraisal of line managed staff against responsibilities, and that the rest of the team has met the requirement.
● Fund raising for the project through proposal writing and identification and support of ADPs to include WASH in their programming.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A degree in Water and Sanitation engineering, Public Health or any other closely related technical field.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene implementation and M&E
• Competent written and analytic skills
• Strong interpersonal communication and counseling skills
• Knowledge of WASH sector policies and guidelines
• Knowledge in water, hygiene and sanitation participatory methodologies like PHAST, CLTS, Sanitation Marketing, Behavior Change Communication and other related innovative hygiene and sanitation approaches that are necessary for the promotion of hygiene and sanitation interventions at scale.
• Experience and skills in networking with other NGOs, government partners, and local community-based organizations.
• A strong awareness of the importance of integration of water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion into other development thematic areas like health, HIV & AIDS, education, environment protection household economic security, child protection and people living with disabilities.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line. (Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.