Job Title: Director, Quality Assurance and Accreditation
Organization The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE)
Closing Deadline: 21th Oct 2013
• Is in charge of the QA/ACC Department;
• Plans and directs all activities within QA/ACC Department;
• Prepares budgets for the QA/ACC Department; 5. Advises the Executive and Deputy Executive Director on all matters of QA/ACC within NCHE;
• Reviews and sets standards for Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions in consultation with Executive and Deputy Executive Director;
• Devises strategies on how to promote national interest in courses of study and professional qualifications among the different types of institutions of higher learning;
• Develops any such innovative ideas to enhance the performance and quality of all matters of QA/ACC functions within NCHE;
• Reviews and investigates complaints relating to higher education institutions and devises appropriate course of action;
• Develops and constantly updates acceptable quality indicators for institutions of higher education in Uganda;
• Promotes research activities and publications within the QA/ACC Department;
• Carries out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by his/her supervisors.
• Holds a PhD in a relevant discipline from a recognized University;
• Must have taught in a university for at least 5 years at the level of a Senior Lecturer and above;
Skills and Experience:
• Have a minimum of 2 publications in peer -reviewed journal articles;
• Experience as a Dean is an added advantage;
• Must be ICT literate;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of Project Management is desirable;
• Knowledge of International Standards Organizations (ISO) is desirable.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send seven sealed copies of: an application letter; in up to date and detailed CV including names and contacts of three credible referees; copies of academic qualifications; and any other relevant documents. Applications should be submitted during office hours (9.00am - 5.00pm) to: The Director, Human Resource and Administration, National Council for Higher Education Plot 34, Cavers Crescent P.O. Box 76, Kyambogo Uganda, East Africa.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days after the expiry If the application submission deadline.