Job title: Renewable Energy Advisor
Closing date: November 8, 2013
SNV Uganda has been working in the Renewable Energy Sector for the last 4 years, providing technical support to the Uganda Domestic Biogas Programme. We are now expanding our work to solar and improved cooking stoves under the Integrated Renewable Energy Services (IRES) project to be implemented in Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Ethiopia. This 2 year project aims to design, develop and validate innovative Improved Cooking Solutions (ICS) and pico-solar PV business models and distribution channels based on market intelligence assessments in the four countries. The project will include Inclusive Business development with major companies, aimed at tangible impact at scale. SNV Uganda is recruiting a Renewable Energy Advisor to support the Renewable Energy team.
• Project management: Oversee the implementation of the 3 RE projects; Leading and coaching a team of SNV advisors and local capacity builders; as well as project financial management and reporting to donors.
• Advisory services: Provide technical support to service providers in; market intelligence, last mile distribution channels, inclusive business models, access to finance, developing carbon revenue components and support advocacy initiatives aimed at creating an enabling legal and policy environment.
• External representation: represent SNV in meetings with government, public and private investors and other (inter)national development partners.
• The applicant should hold a Masters degree’ or equivalent in relevant field.
• At least 10 years work experience in Renewable energy and related fields, of which 5 at a senior level in a diverse and complex international environment.
Skills and Experience:
• At least three years’ experience in micro and medium size enterprise development.
• Proven experience with project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management.
• Proven experience with business development, programme design, proposal writing, international donor and private investor relationship management
• Proven experience in capacity building, facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes, change processes and gender mainstreaming.
• A self-motivated achiever with excellent leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills.
• Out of the box thinker for innovative business ideas.
• Proficiency in MS word & excel at advanced level.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply by sending: a motivation letter; an updated Curriculum Vitae, Names and contact details of three professional referees, Concrete examples of proven experiences as indicated above will be an added value.
Applications should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
For more information, please visit our website at www.snvworld.org.
Evidence of third-party mediation will lead to automatic disqualification.