ACCOUNTANT - ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLEUganda Baati Limited is a member of the Safal Group of companies, and the first one in the East African region to set up an ultra-modern Continuous Galvanizing line. We are Uganda’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roofing sheets and have the widest range of roofing products in galvanized, aluminium-zinc coated and pre-painted materials with branches in; Kampala, Arua and Tororo.
We are looking to fill the following position; this challenging opportunity requires an individual who is able to demonstrate a high level of technical and managerial ability in specific areas with great attention to detail.
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Job category: Accounting/Finance/Insurance
Min. years of experience: 3 years
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)QuickBooksTally
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: March 4, 2013 - 5pm
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial and administrative duties relating to accounts receivable (collections) in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations, through Microsoft Dynamics accounts receivable module and predecessor process / system
REPORTS TO CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Receivable function.
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of information into Microsoft Dynamics meeting the full system requirements.
• Ensure an accurate and efficient monthly closing of Accounts Receivable financial records and posting of month end information.
• Ensure the accuracy of Accounts Receivable information impacting upon the financial statements.
• Monitor open sales orders and initiate the cancelation of closed sales orders and credit notes, with appropriate authorisation.
• Responsible for the collection of all customer cash and the maintenance of strong relationship with all customers to resolve any debt issues.
• Liaise with sales teams on billing and collection issues so as to handle customer’s enquiries in a timely manner.
• Prepare monthly Age Debtors report.
• Provide timely and accurate monthly reports (revenue, accruals etc) and debtor analyses.
• Maintain monthly statement of reconciliation on all account receivable related balances to support end of month financial close balances.
• Provide periodic inputs for cash flow report and forecast as required.
• Strive for continuous improvement and participate or lead improvement projects within Accounts Receivables.
• Provide support to Management on ad-hoc requests and reports.
• Maintain appropriate tax records where applicable in regard to Accounts Receivable.
• Experience of ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics knowledge preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• Creative and analytical thinker
• Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
• Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
• Detail oriented and able to multitask, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization, including senior management
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent follow up skills
• The incumbent must be flexible as there may be occasions that require working beyond the standard working week to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Accounting, or in a related field preferred
• ACCA at any level will be an added advantage.
• High levels of integrity,
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Good communication skills (both verbal and written);
• Self-motivated and a resilient individual, and;
• Highly organized with ability to pay attention to detail.
• Age: Not more than 35 years
How to apply:
Attn: Human Resource Manager
Uganda Baati Limited
Plot 14/28 Kibira Rd, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 3554 Kampala, Uganda.
Tel: (+256)414-254108/9/10; Fax: (+256)414-344602
Email: email@example.com; Website: www.ugandabaati.com