Driver (1 Vacancy)The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda.
Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and all public offices or bodies and/or organizations established by an Act of Parliament.
Pursuant to Chapter 1, Section L-a of the Government standing Orders as well as Section 2 of the Pensions Act, Chapter 286 (Laws of Uganda), the OAG was recognized by the Pensions Authority as “Other Public Service” w.e.f. 4th October 2008.
Our Vision is “To be an effective and efficient Supreme Audit Institution in promoting Public Accountability.”
Our Mission is “To audit and report to Parliament and thereby make an effective contribution to improving public accountability and value for money spent.”
Our Core Values are Integrity, Objectivity and Professional Competence.
In line with its constitutional mandate, vision, and mission, the OAG wishes to strengthen its human resource capacity by recruiting a mature and self-motivated individual to complement its current staff in the execution of its core functions and responsibilities as the Supreme Audit Institution of Uganda.
Accordingly, the OAG now invites applications from competent Ugandans to fill the following position.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Secretary
SALARY SCALE: U8
AGE: 35 Years and above +
JOB REF: ADM. 56/136/01 Vol.3 (01/13)
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent terms.
Main Purpose of the Job
To drive OAG vehicles as required and monitor their condition
• Vehicles carefully and safely driven
• Condition of vehicles reported
• Record of vehicle movement maintained
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. O -Level School Certificate;
2. Driving Permit for classes B and above;
3. Certificates in defensive driving, basic mechanics and/or vehicle fault diagnosis and troubleshooting;
4. Minimum of 10 years working experience in a reputable organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the vehicle is driven as assigned.
2. Maintain accurate and up-to- date records on trips, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition and other records as required.
3. Ensure the vehicle is clean and tidy.
4. Ensure timely reporting of major mechanical faults on the vehicle.
5. Ensure the vehicle is parked safely at all times.
6. Drive OAG motor vehicles as instructed
7. Ensure maximum security of vehicle and its accessories when under his/her charge
8. Ensure safety of passengers and cargo under his charge
9. Monitor condition of vehicle and promptly report the condition to superiors
10. Maintain a record of movements for the vehicle(s) assigned to him/her
11. Carry out minor repairs and adjustments on the vehicles.
12. Report any accident incidents the vehicle gets involved in to the supervisor and police as required
• Basic technical knowledge of motor vehicle operations
• Road signs
• Traffic laws and rules
• Vehicle control and manoeuvre
• Defensive driving
• Interpersonal relations
Applications must be accompanied by:
1. A detailed typed curriculum vitae
2. Certified copies of academic qualifications.
3. Names of three (3) referees and their contacts.
4. A recent passport size photograph.
5. A recommendation from the Chief Mechanical Engineer, Ministry of Works
6. All applications should be submitted on Public Service Commission (PSC) Form 3 (revised 2008) obtained
from the Public Service Commission Offices, Ministry/Department headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
7. Applications through Post Office should be by registered mail.
8. To reach not later than 4th March, 2013 before 4.00 p.m.
9. Applications received shall be acknowledged by this office.
10. Late submission shall not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Auditor General
Office of the Auditor General
P.O Box 7083, Kampala