Thursday, 9 May 2013
Monitoring & Evaluation Data Officer - Plan International
Job title: Monitoring & Evaluation Data Officer-4 positions
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children's development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. NU-HITES (Northern Uganda Health Integration to Improve Services) is a USAID funded project in northern Uganda to improve access to / regular use of basic health services and requires intensive monitoring and evaluation at many levels with many stakeholders.
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Gulu, Kitgum and Lira
Job category: Project/Program Management
Min. years of experience: 3 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: May 17, 2013 - 5pm
The position holder will work under the guidance of M&E Manager and M&E Specialist, both assigned to the NU-HITES project team. S/he will be responsible for data entry, cleaning, sorting, storage & analysis. S/he will also monitor data quality, work with local partners and MOH staff, and provide input on streamlining and improving the collection and management of project data. S/he will also work with local health facilities’ staff to ensure timely and accurate reporting of health data through the HMIS/DHIS2 system. The successful candidates will spend significant time traveling to health facilities to support data capture, management, and reporting to contribute to the achievement of project targets and build the capacity of health facility staff.
Dimensions of Role:
• Responsible for gathering, managing, and entering quality project data at the district and facility level
• Assist the District HMIS with data management and identifying programmatic issues
• Mentor health facility records assistants and other staff to summarize facility data on a regular basis.
• Provide guidance to health facility records assistants and other staff to ensure quality data management at the facility level.
• Support health facilities to review their data and performance to address challenges and determine solutions.
• Ensure compliance with data handling and processing protocols in order to meet standards for quality and accuracy.
• Compare and validate data to identify errors, investigating and resolving conflicts in the data.
• Input quality data collected to the NU-HITES database, MEEPP HIBRID database and share with the project M&E team and the Plan office in Kampala.
• Inform the M&E Manager or Specialist of issues with data quality and assist them in implementing actions to address such failings.
• Prepare and distribute summaries or reports on the data for the NU-HITES management team.
• Developing a protocol for an electronic filing system, then training staff on using it and monitor its implementation.
• Maintain documentation and data management guidelines
• Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
• To produce information, data and statistics including the analysis of such, across a range of subjects as agreed.
• Respond to requests from field offices for corrections / data entry support.
• Take personal responsibility for maintaining an up to date knowledge of the data sets collected, data definitions and coding systems in use.
• Perform other duties as required by the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, M&E Specialist or the NU-HITES Chief of Party.
• Bachelor degree (preferred) in Statistics, Economics, Information technology, Public Health or a relevant field
• At least 3 years of experience in data entry and management
• Knowledge of Uganda’s HMIS including training people on HMIS tools and summarizing data with HMIS tools and registers.
• At least 2 years of experience working directly with HMIS tools including registers, summary forms, and the DHIS2 database.
• Training on / professional experience with the management of complex data sets
• Use and understanding of computerized information systems including databases
• Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR indicators and data reporting systems.
Contact/How to apply:
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala