Job Title National Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Organization World Vision
Closing date: 06 Sep 2013
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.” We are now seeking for qualified persons willing to share in our vision
Purpose of the position: To provide leadership and coordination in the design, documentation, monitoring, and evaluation of World Vision Uganda activities and all supported programs.
• Provide proactive and clear functional leadership across WVU for development and full coordination of all DM&E events, practices, and learning and DME personnel.
• Develop full, effective cross-functional working relationships for DM&E and other functions/sectors.
• Participate effectively with DM&E networks, practitioners and learning/research institutions to access, research, evaluate and promote the best available external practices and resources in DM&E.
Assessment and Design:
• Lead and support assessments and operational research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and setting priorities.
• Lead the program and technical teams in the development of design documents and logical frameworks that prioritize needs established during assessments and secondary data analysis.
• Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system consistent with the WV DME framework (LEAP) that includes standards developed by multilateral & bilateral agencies & NGOs.
Implementation and monitoring:
• Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
• Develop the quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of information and data.
• Lead strategic thinking and planning in relation to integration of the management information system (MIS) and application of M&E data.
• Assist with the design of exit strategies, and monitor progress of transition through achievement of activities
• Assist all programs to develop, implement and monitor progress of transition plans in order to assure sustainability of WV supported programs in Uganda.
Promote Organizational learning:
• Document the major key lessons and findings from project evaluations and operations audit and disseminate for organizational learning and decision making.
• Gather relevant information regarding best practices to program design, monitoring and evaluation from within and outside the WVI partnership and shares it with field staff to facilitate organizational learning and experience sharing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A Postgraduate training in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) - MA or MSc M&E; MA in Development Evaluation.
• At least 5 years experience leading programming, monitoring and evaluation functions of an international NGO or donor organization.
• Good understanding and working experience of development, advocacy and emergency affairs approaches.
• Extensive experience and recognized expertise in the full range of evaluation theories, models and tools, and ability to adapt, contextualized and apply appropriately to all Project scenarios
• Proven track record as a community trainer and capacity builder in DM&E using a wide variety of training methods, facilitation and capacity building strategies, and organizational development
• High-level expertise in Results-Based management, Logical Framework Analysis, and Result-Based Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
• Good understanding and experience in Management Information Systems
• In sympathy with christian values
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
Note: Details of the above job can also be accessed from our website: - http://wvi.org/uganda/jobs
Deadline for receiving applications is: Friday, 6th September, 2013.
(Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to Ugandan Nationals ONLY