Job Title: Administrative Assistant
The World Bank Country Office in Uganda has two openings for an Administrative Assistant/Transaction Processor.
• Provide primary assistance and support to the Resource Management Team in processing accounting and administrative transactions for the country office ; and ensure that all transactions are made in compliance with the Banks policies and procedures and the required documentations are fulfilled before processing the transactions .
• Provide assistance in the processing of the posting of purchase orders , goods receipt , service entry sheets and maintenance of inventory in SAP.
• Monitor usage of office consumables /supplies and produce monthly report .
• Handle custody of pretty cash and collections and vendor registration for firms and organizations.
• Demonstrate the required competencies .
• S/he should be a holder of a high school certificate , preferably a college Diploma (or higher) or associate degree in accounting or a related discipline with at least three years of working experience , preferably in computerized work environment .
• Commitment to team-oriented work in a multi- disciplinary matrix management environment ;
• Demonstrated skills in retrieving /obtaining accounting and administrative information from various Bank sources and pulling them together in a useable format.
How to apply
For the full position description and complete selection criteria and required competencies , qualified candidates are requested to visit and submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on Current job openings job# 130885.
Deadline: 22 /04 /2013