Friday, 10 May 2013
Associate Project Control Officer - UNHCR
Job title: Associate Project Control Officer
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
he Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country. It also has a mandate to help stateless people.
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 4 years
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: May 21, 2013 - 5pm
Post No: 10012211
The Primary function of project control are to complement programme management and provide support for oversight of projects including the formulation of a monitoring plan, quality assurance, and verification. the project control officer will play a very important role in maintaining harmonious and effective partnerships, and often interact with implementing partners. As a result, the incumbent needs to be very mindful of all dimensions of partnerships in their interaction with partners (in accordance with the principles of partnership, the code of Conduct)
Under the direction of the Deputy Representative, the incumbent will undertake the following duties;
1. Participate in the operation's annual assessment and planning cycle.
2. Ensure that Project agreements are in conformity with the Country Operation Plans and UNHCR's rules, policies and procedures
3. Formulate and implement a project monitoring plan in collaboration with the programme unit and the Multi Functional Team (MFT)
4. Track the management of project risks in collaboration with the programme unit and report major risks to senior management.
5. Review, analyze and verify Financial and Performance Implementing Partner Reports (part I-IPFR) and check accuracy and consistency between IPFR and IPR, in accordance with Project agreements
6. Undertake missions within the geographical area of responsibility
7. Monitor track and verify that expenditure for direct implementation by UNHCR is in line with the approved budget
8. Conduct reviews of the internal control systems of implementing partners and provide advice a s required.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, Economics or related field OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting, auditing or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
- Minimum of four years previous job experience in the field of accounting/finance, project management, business analysis, quality assurance and or risk management.
- Good knowledge of international auditing standards
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language
Contact/How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications, under confidential cover, addressed to
The Senior Administrative/ Finance Officer,
UNHCR Representation in Uganda,
P.O.Box, 3813, Kampala,
quoting the Post No