Job Title: Public Health Specialist -Male Circumcision
The U. S Mission Uganda is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position above .
• Education required: Completion of a bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery and a master’s degree in public health ,epidemiology or health policy or education or public administration are required .
• Work Experience required : Five years of progressively responsible experience in a public health or development –related public or non-governmental organization is required .
• Language required : Level IV English ability (fluent written , spoken and reading).
Additional Selection Criteria
• Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and Visa status in determining successful candidacy .
• Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent employees Performance Report are not eligible to apply .
• Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a family member appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for a advertized positions within the First 90 calender days of their employment .
How to apply
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application: Universal Application for Employment as a locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
A current resume or curriculum vitae
Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application . Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional reference in hiring with their application .
Any other documentation (e.g essays , certificates , awards ) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Applications to: Human Resources Office by email at Kampala@state.gov.
Deadline: 03 / 06 / 2013