Job Title: Regional Security TechnicianThe U.S Mission , Uganda in inviting qualified candidates for the vacant position above.
• Education required : Completion of a two year diploma in electronics/electrical /mechanical engineering is required .
• Work Experience required : Four years of hands-on field experience in major repairs and installation of electrical and heavy duty mechanical equipment , reading and interpreting architectural and engineering design drawings and experience with closed circuit television , public address systems and/or vehicle arrest systems is required .
• Knowledge required; Should have good knowledge and/or experience in installing , troubleshooting and repairing electrical and electronic systems ; hydraulic and/or pneumatic equipment ; in working with different types of steel, concrete and masonry well construction , anchors and bolts . Awareness of general responsibilities of Mission agencies /offices outside of TSO section.
• After an Initial application screening , applications will be invited to a testing process that may include a written examination and oral interviews .
• The selected candidate must pass pre-employment medical and security investigations before beginning work .
• The initial appointment period is one year , subject to renewal .
• Normally , candidates for employment are hired at the first step of the designated pay grade .
• In some instances candidates may be hired at a higher step when exceptional qualifications or previous governmental service and pay level so warrant.
How to apply
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application ;
University Applications for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member , A current resume or curriculum vitae, Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference in hiring with their application .
Submit Application to :
Human Resource Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
Only Electronic Submissions will be Accepted and only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
Deadline: 15 /08 /2013