City / Location: Jinja
Closing date: August 30, 2013 - 5pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning and executing timely publication of both the Group Magazine and Kakira Sugar Limited’s in-house magazine, Habari Ya Miwa.
• Constantly reviewing and recommending improvements of the publications of the group magazine and ensuring wide dissemination of information among employees.
• Collating, writing and editing articles for the publication.
• Covering important functions of the company and ensuring media coverage as will be required by management from time to time.
• Preparing company brand or commercial advertisements as and when required.
• Designing/printing of company Christmas cards, diaries and banners for various occasions.
• Providing technical input while updating the group website.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Human Resources Manager/ Management from time to time.
• The applicant should possess a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication/Journalism or Bachelor of Arts majoring in literature obtained from a recognized university.
• Significant experience in newspaper or magazine editing.
How to apply:
All applications should be accompanied with Photo copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone contact number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the job reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to:
Mr. Moses H. Thenge,
Human Resources Manager,
Kakira Sugar Limited,
P.O. Box 121,
Or via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org