Vacancy: Head of Networks
Recruiting Company Smile Communications (U) Ltd
Closing date: March 24, 2014 - 5pm
• Management of the turnkey network roll out projects including:
• Management of the appointed network vendors/partner responsible for network rollout and ensuring that they deliver as per the agreed specifications, timelines and costs;
• Management of the rollout of the IT and communications infrastructure of the company within the project timelines and costs;
• Delivery and management of passive infrastructure as per the project plans;
• Ensuring that all the contracted network KPI’s are delivered and improved as per target defined and by the managed services partner and network operations, especially related to the following areas, are managed efficiently:
• Network operation centres (NOC), data centres, switching centres, Radio Access Network, microwave and fibre transmission network, IP network, Smile platforms;
• Network performance and optimization;
• In charge of all technical aspects of interconnect for the Smile network.
• Management of third party suppliers such as ISPs VSAT, operators, etc.;
• Creation, measurement, implementation and delivery of the company KPI’s;
• Management and governance of the MSP (Managed Service Partner) and other contractors
• Providing technical support to the Head of Corporate Services on regulatory and commercial matters;
• Offer guidance, direction and leadership to the network and IT operations team and manage their performance;
• Planning of network for all in-country operations, as per the budget through the selection and appointment of local contractors and vendors;
• Responsible for the negotiation with operators and infrastructure providers for the leasing/sharing of passive infrastructure;
• Planning of network expansions based on business plans and traffic growth;
• The desired candidate should possess a Degree or other equivalent in Electrical / Electronic / Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems
Skills and Experience:
• At least 15 years’ relevant work experience.
• Exposure and experience in managing a communications network and preferably with supervisory experience
• Experience of managing network operations in the outsourced environment will be preferred.
• Be a self-starter who is driven and energetic.
• Possess strong supervisory skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage a team and work as a team
• Leadership to drive the teams
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses
Please visit web link below http://recruitment.nftconsult.com/careers/index.php?m=careers&p=show...