Thursday, 11 April 2013
Deputy Finance Manger - Tullow Oil
Job title Deputy Finance Manger - Tullow Oil
Tullow is a leading independent oil and gas, exploration and production group with interests in over 100 exploration and production licences across 24 countries in Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America. In Uganda, Tullow has already invested over 1.3 billion and is about to embark on a major upstream development project in the Lake Albert Rift Basin.
Employment type: Full time
Job category: Accounting/Finance/Insurance
Min. years of experience: more than 10 years
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: April 19, 2013 - 6pm
- Collaborating with business partners and functional colleagues in maintaining the financial records of operating companies, branches and joint ventures where Tullow is a designated operator.
- Preparing and implementing financial controls and a risk and assurance framework for managing projects across Tullow Uganda.
- Liaising with Tullows Auditors, Uganda Revenue Authority, Joint Venture partners and Government (PEDP) as and when required.
- Developing and implementing financial policies, process and procedures in the areas of accounts payable, treasury, accounts receivable and SAP.
- Ensuring smooth and timely implementation of Tullow's Group programs and projects through close collaboration with the Group's functional colleagues responsible for Financial reporting and Financial Controls
- A University Degree from a reputable institution
- A fully qualified member of any one of the professional Accounting bodies such as CA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA, CPP or CFA
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 10 years experience of relevant Upstream Accounting
- Proven experience using Sun Accounting Software or similar accounting package.
- Proven experience in SAP implementation
- Proven experience in managing projects using an assurance/control framework.
- Proven planning and organisation skills
Contact/How to apply:
Send Detailed CV with contract information and 3 work related references in either Microsoft word or PDF format
and a one page statement describing your suitability for the particular position. to:
All applicants shall be notified by email before June 25, 2013