Thursday, 11 April 2013
Procurement Assistant - National Medical Stores
Job title Procurement Assistant - National Medical Stores
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was
established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure,
store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Entebbe
Job category: Procurement
Min. years of experience: 1 year
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: April 24, 2013 - 5pm
Job Purpose: To carry out procurement duties including
bidding preparations and bid valuations.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Prepare standard biddings documents and PPDA submission
forms for procurements for review and approval
2. Prepare notifications of award and contract managers in
tracking delivery schedules of supplies, works, and services in
order to enforce compliance with contract terms.
3. Update the pre qualified supplier’s data base to be used in
selecting possible suppliers of works, services and goods
4. To issue bids and support bid opening meetings
5. To attend and give advice during bid evaluation meetings
6. To provide procurement and supply chain information required
to be used during procurement process
7. To assign procurement reference numbers and keeps all
necessary documents on the procurement process
8. Work closely with the contract managers in tracking delivery
schedules of supplies, works and services in order to enforce
compliance with contract terms
9. To perform any other duties assigned from time to time
1) Honours degree in Procurement
2) At least one year of working experience in procurement
from a reputable government organization.
3) Computer literate.
Contact/How to apply:
Head of Human Resource and Support Services,
National Medical Stores,
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road Entebbe.
P.O Box 4-12