Job Title: Community Development Officer
Mayuge District Local Government is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position above.
• An honors degree in the Development studies, Arts, Social Sciences, Social Work and social administration and management science from a recognized University or institution.
• Monitoring communities in a sub country to participate in developing programs and projects
• Training communities on improving their social economic status
• Advocating for and promoting the interests and rights of disadvantaged groups within the sub country
• Promoting the creation and growth of functional groups for the improved welfare or the population
• Conducting trainings in literacy and income generating activities
• Sensitizing communities on gender issues , social rights , roles and obligations
• Encouraging and promoting equal participation of all in development
• Building the capacity of communities within the sub county to initiate and manage development
How to apply
Applications in triplicate filled in own hand writing and accompanied by certified photocopies of academic transcripts and certificates, curriculum vitae and other relevant documents plus three pass port photographs should be submitted to the Secretary , District Service Commission , P. O. Box 1317 Mayuge to reach in time.
Interest persons should obtain application forms (PSF 3 Form) from Secretaries District Service Commission or Public Service Kampala.
Applications who are already in serving Officers MUST route their applications through their Heads of Departments, who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Applicants who will not hear from Mayuge District Service Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Deadline: 01 /07 /2013