Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant
Masindi District Local Government is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position .
• A minimum of a diploma in Accounting or Financial Management or Business Studies /Administration from recognized awarding institution .
• Or a pre-professional Accounting qualification (ATC or CAT ) awarded from a recognized institution and accredited by the institute of Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
• Providing custody for accounting records and documents
• Professing deferred tax payments and returns and keeping records thereof.
• Posting financial transactions ,cash books, and subsidiary ledgers to general ledger and updating books of accounts
• Preparing pay change report forms and reconciling payroll transaction reports
• Entering transactions into the commitment control register
• Providing custody of cash and imprest and effecting payments
• Preparing draft monthly reconciliation reports
How to apply
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on public service form No.3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary District Service Commission , P. O. Box 67, Masindi
The application forms are obtainable from Public Service Commission Office, 2nd floor Farmers House , Parliament Avenue , Kampala and District Service Commission offices .
Applicants should attach three sets of certified Photocopies of their academic certificates , slips and other relevant documents plus 3 recent passport size photographs. Original documents should not be sent at this stage .
The applications must bear the title of the post applied for as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy .
Applicants already in service should route their applications through their heads of departments who must be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Deadline: 19 / 07 / 2013