Job Title: District Natural Resources Officer
Masindi District Local Government is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position .
• An Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in either Forestry; Wetlands Management ; Environmental Studies ; Land Management or any other relevant Science Degree plus a post-graduate qualification in management studies from a recognized institution.
• Enforcing the implementation of National Policies, Rules , Regulations and Council byelaws on sustainable exploration of natural resources ;
• Managing the provision of extension services on natural resources ;
• Appraising work plans and technical proposals in regard to environment impact assessment ;
• Preparing and submitting work plans and budgets for the Natural Resources subsector ;
• Tendering technical advice to the District Council and other stakeholders.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on public service form No.3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary District Service Commission , P. O. Box 67, Masindi
The application forms are obtainable from Public Service Commission Office, 2nd floor Farmers House , Parliament Avenue , Kampala and District Service Commission offices .
Applicants should attach three sets of certified Photocopies of their academic certificates , slips and other relevant documents plus 3 recent passport size photographs. Original documents should not be sent at this stage .
The applications must bear the title of the post applied for as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy .
Applicants already in service should route their applications through their heads of departments who must be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Deadline: 19 / 07 / 2013