Monday, 22 April 2013
Medical Officer - MRC/UVI Uganda in Entebbe
Job Title: Medical Officer
The MRC/UVRI Uganda Virus Research Unit on AIDS was established following a request in 1988 from the Uganda Government to the British Government for collaboration on the research of HIV infection and AIDS.
• Screening , recruiting and follow up study volunteers
• Provision of clinical care to study participants and initiate referrals as appropriate
• Prescription of Investigation data as required by the protocol
• Supervision of junior clinical and other research staff
• Perform other duties assigned by the Principal Investigator and /or Project Leader
• MBChB or equivalent .
• At least 2 years of post –qualifications professional experience .
• Registration with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
• Training or experience in clinical research would be an added advantage
• Good interpersonal /communications skills
• Fluency in verbal and written English
How to apply
Applications including copies of academic qualifications , curriculum vitae and names of three referees should be addressed to ;
The Human Resources & Administration Manager
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
Uganda Virus Research Institute , P. O. Box 49 Entebbe
Deadline: 20 /05 / 2013