Job Title: Commissioner Industry And Technology (1 Vacancy)
Ref. HRM 57/70/01
Organization Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives
Closing Deadline: 6th Nov 2013
Minimum Qualifications and Working Experience:
• Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above or the following fields: Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, Industrial Management and Project Management from a recognized University/Institution.
• Applicants should have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been gained at the level of Assistant Commissioner in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
• He/she should be registered with the Uganda Engineers Registration Board.
• Possession of additional training relevant to industrial and policy development will be an added advantage.
• He/she should have the ability to coach, mentor and develop subordinates.
• Planning, coordinating and supervising programs and activities of the Department.
• Ensuring initiation, formulation and harmonization of policies related to industrial development in conformity with the National Development Plan and other Government initiatives.
• Leading in the provision of technical guidance on policy development within the department.
• Participating in the formulation of the Ministry’s BFP and Policy Statement, especially supervising the DIT inputs.
• Controlling and managing the expenditures of the Departments budget.
• Monitoring and evaluating the status of implementation of the Council and Summit directives.
• Participating and making presentations in the Ministry’s awareness and publicizing activities.
• Taking record of the proceedings of the meetings.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No.3(2008) to the
Secretary Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than 6th November 2013
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office
on 2nd floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala,
Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
Hand written applications are also acceptable.
The advertisement can also be accessed from the Public Service Commission website on www.psc.go.ug. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs