Job Title: Senior Communication Officer (1 Vacancy)
Ref. HRM 234/272/01
Organization Office of the President (Directorate of Ethics and Integrity)
Closing Deadline: 6th Nov 2013
Minimum Qualification and Working Experience:
• Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honour’s Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or Journalism.
• He/She should have a minimum of three (3)years relevant working experience as Communication Officer in the area of Public Relations/Communication in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
• Participating in all activities of the Directorate in order to cover those activities or publicity.
• Participating in analysis and review of policies of the Directorate
• Carrying out research, participating in data analysis and report writing
• Handling duties of the Directorate’s Public Relations Officer
• Preparing audio and visual releases to be made in the local media
• Reviewing media releases and preparing responses, where necessary for the Directorate of Ethics and Integrity.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No.3(2008) to the
Secretary Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than 6th November 2013
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office
on 2nd floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala,
Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
Hand written applications are also acceptable.
The advertisement can also be accessed from the Public Service Commission website on www.psc.go.ug. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs