Job Title: Town Clerk (03vacancies)
DSC 15/70/03 VOL. 3
Organization : Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Closing Deadline: 6th Nov 2013
Minimum Qualifications and Working Experience:
• Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Arts, Law or Commerce (Management option) or Business Administration (Management option) or Business Studies (Management option) or Management Science or Urban Planning and Management plus a minimum of a Postgraduate Diploma in either Urban management or Public Administration or Human Resource Management or Management or Development Studies from a recognized University/Institution.
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration and Management or Urban Planning and Management or Development Studies or Finance and Accounting or a Certificate in Administrative Law or Project formulation and implementation from a recognized University/Institution and Membership with a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• Applicants should have a minimum of seven (7) years working experience in a reputable corporate organization three (3) years of which should have been gained at management level.
• Experience of working in the private sector will be an added advantage.
• Integrity and confidentiality,
• Management and supervision competences,
• Ability to manage a business unit with multiple and challenging tasks,
• Strategic thinking and planning,
• Ability to set up a high performing team,
• Oral and written communication competences,
• Interpersonal relations,
• Ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and
• Challenging tasks and
• Ability to meet timeliness and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Planning and setting benchmarks for the management of the Division, implementation of Division policies, strategies and business objectives in line with the KCCA Act.
• Providing technical advice to the Division Urban Council on Government policies.
• Preparing and presenting Division annual budget to the Authority in line with KCCA financial guidelines.
• Monitoring the delivery of services to the community and taking remedial action where service delivery standards are below the expected standards.
• Mobilizing the Urban community for development and sustainability of the infrastructure and services in the Division.
• Developing a system for managing the utilization and safeguarding of assets and records of the Division in line with the KCCA asset management policies and procedures.
• Implementing Ordinances made by KCCA and Bye-laws made by the Division Urban Councils.
• Preparing and submitting reports to the Executive Director of KCCA on the management of the affairs of the Division as per the KCCA Act.
• Managing and developing the performance of staff under direct supervision of the Town
• Clerk in accordance with the performance management guidelines.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No.3(2008) to the
Secretary Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than 6th November 2013
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office
on 2nd floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala,
Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
The advertisement can also be accessed from the Public Service Commission website on www.psc.go.ug. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs