Tuesday 14 May 2013
Clinical Officer - SOS Children's Village in Gulu
Job Title: Clinical Officer at SOS Medical centre Gulu
SOS Children’s Village Uganda is an indigenous non-government social development organization with membership to SOS Children’s Villages International , a worldwide child care organizational, that provides children who have lost parental care with a permanent home.
• Perform clinical examinations , curative and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines to patients , SOS children and communities .
• Implement and coordinates all health care programs based at the SOS Medical Centre in Gulu.
• Acts as a Liaison/networking to the District Health department and other medical agencies to facilitate implementation of quality health services and SOS programs.
• Conduct medical procedures in an effective manner using universal health safety measures with all patients during procedures and examinations
• The ideal candidates should be aged between 30 and 40 years with a diploma in clinical medicine or public health from a recognized institutions.
• Prior experience in public health work in the local communities of Northern Uganda is desirable .
• Good knowledge and sound understanding of work practices of government and other health institutions and funding arrangements
• Additional training and practice in health care management including HIV/AIDS and counseling will be an added advantage .
How to apply
Application letters enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vita , current salary information , copies of academic transcripts and certificates , a passport size photograph, telephone contact and address below;
The Human Resource Coordinator ,
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda ,
P. O. Box 27510, Kampala
Deadline: 24/ 05 /2013