Friday, 19 July 2013
Information and Documentation Officer - People Performance Group
Job title Information and Documentation Officer
Reporting to: Head of Programme (HOP)
Work centre: Kampala
The DGF Programme Management Unit (DGF- PMU) is responsible for the management and implementation of the programme components as agreed by the DGF-Steering Committee while observing the DGF Board’s strategic direction. In addition to the Head of Programme, the PMU has a Finance and Administration Department and three DGF component teams. The Information and Documentation Officer (IDO), who will also serve as Executive Assistant, will report directly to the Head of Programme. The Information and Documentation Officer will work within the framework of the DGF Communication Strategy, guided by the HOP. The Information and Documentation Officer is part of a 3 member ‘Results and Communications Unit’ which also includes a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and a Results and Communications Assistant.
• Keep the DGF web-site updated and well maintained.
• Manage the DGF’s policy on visibility and recognition (logo)
• Keep track of DGF and partner coverage in the media
• Edit Semi-Annual Progress Reports and the Annual Report.
• Manage ad-hoc requests for information from key stake-holders
• Prepare minutes from meetings in the Steering Committee & Board.
• Provide editorial and quality assurance support to programme staff.
• Oversee management of the internal filing system and the extranet
• Stimulate a culture of learning within DGF and keep track of learning opportunities.
• Develop and maintain a database of CVs of consultants.
• Assist the HOP in preparing programs for visiting missions
• Assist the HOP in the preparation of notes from meetings
• Assist the HOP in maintaining good communication with external stake-holders.
• Undertake any other assignments as delegated by the HOP
• An advanced degree in Mass Communication or related field preferably to Masters Level.
• Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills.
• Additional qualifications in the relevant technical areas.
• At least three years experience working in similar role.
• Good knowledge of the media landscape in Uganda
How to Apply
Eight of Uganda’s International Development Partners developed a joint Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) to manage coherent, harmonized and coordinated multi-donor support to state and non-state institutions aimed at enhancing democratic governance in Uganda. It is based upon three components: Deepening Democracy, Rights, Justice and Peace, and Voice and Accountability. Contact To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “DGF – InfoDoc”/”DGF– Program Officer”. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB. While we thank all applicants for your interest, only the selected will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda Attn.: The Director E-mail: email@example.com
Job expires in 6 days.