Job Title: Media Specialist
The State University of New York’s Centre for International Development seeks superior candidate to serve in several positions ;
• The Media Specialist will have overall responsibility for the implementation of Component 3 of the project dealing with efforts to ensure the free flow of information in Ugandan society and monitoring and safeguard press freedom and freedom of speech . The component will also address ways to further professionalize the media in Uganda , as well as educate the media about human rights and rule of law issues to ensure better and more accurate coverage of the same .
• Additional efforts envisioned under the program could include support for legal and policy reform activities designed to strengthen media and journalism freedom in Uganda , well as legal representation efforts and the building of stronger media associations and networks to accomplish these objectives . They may also be activities associated with the use of new social media to do the same .
• A Bachelor’s degree . A masters degree is desirable , particularly in journalism , mass media , or a related social science discipline .
• A minimum of three years experience working on media advocacy activities , including some work addressing citizen rights and justice issues .
• Two years experience working with multiple stakeholders on policy reform and advocacy activities , including some work with access to justice ,law reform and human rights –related issues
• Demonstrated experience working with the media in Uganda
How to apply
Prepare a one-page cover letter summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position you are interested in and qualifications for the position you are interested in and applied a brief CV. Forward this by e-mail to CIDInfo@albany.edu.
Deadline: 31 /07 /2013