Job title: Business Support Analyst
Umeme Limited is a major investment of Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, investing exclusively in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Presently Actis manages over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors. The Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom, a UK Government-owned company, is the largest investor in Actis’ infrastructure 2 fund and as such has a relationship with Umeme Ltd indirectly through Actis.
As a responsible employer Umeme is committed to providing competitive employment terms to its employees, in addition to providing safe and reliable electricity, improving customer service, minimizing energy losses and operating in a cost effective manner. To help in achieving these goals Umeme is looking to recruit individuals with high integrity, dedication and commitment to fill the position
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 5 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: June 5, 2013 - 5pm
Reports to: Software Services Manager
Responsible for: Manage the end-to-end process and activities required to elicit and document business requirements, with the aim of finding solutions that address business needs.
• Define, implement and manage the system/business analysis process and activities
• Identify and manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization in relation to business analysis activities
• Facilitate requirements gathering workshops
• Promote a standard approach to requirements gathering
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Business/Information management or a related field +5 years experience
• Five years experience as a business analyst
• Experience of working in a software development environment/projects
• Proven experience in delivering high quality software technical specifications
• Proven ability in leading stakeholder – business and technical workshops
• Proven ability to liaise and work with a wide range of stakeholders to meet an objective
• Understanding of the business analysis principles, approaches and methodologies
• Some understanding of project management principles and methodologies
Contact/How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Copies of certificates are not required at this stage. Please mark your application: “Umeme – position name” where you replace ‘position name’ with the position you are applying for. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala