Job title: Database Administrator
We ensure our clients have the right people in the right roles to deliver results
Umeme Limited is a major investment of Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, investing exclusively in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Presently Actis manages over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors. The Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom, a UK Government-owned company, is the largest investor in Actis’ infrastructure 2 fund and as such has a relationship with Umeme Ltd indirectly through Actis.
As a responsible employer Umeme is committed to providing competitive employment terms to its employees, in addition to providing safe and reliable electricity, improving customer service, minimizing energy losses and operating in a cost effective manner. To help in achieving these goals Umeme is looking to recruit individuals with high integrity, dedication and commitment to fill the position
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 5 years
Required IT skills: Oracle
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: June 5, 2013 - 5pm
Reports to: IT Infrastructure Manager
Responsible for: Maintenance and management of a corporate RAC/ASM Oracle 10g database and MS Sequel Server database platforms.
• Install and upgrade Oracle server and application tools
• Install and upgrade MS Sequel server and application tools
• Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system
• Create table spaces, tables, indexes and views, and maintain database structure.
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in IT, Oracle & MS sequel Certification
• Five years relevant experience in similar environment
• Proven Oracle Database Administration experience
• Proven MS Sequel Server Administration experience
• Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
• Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
• Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
Contact/How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Copies of certificates are not required at this stage. Please mark your application: “Umeme – position name” where you replace ‘position name’ with the position you are applying for. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala