Job title: Software Test Engineer
Umeme Limited is a major investment of Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, investing exclusively in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Presently Actis manages over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors. The Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom, a UK Government-owned company, is the largest investor in Actis’ infrastructure 2 fund and as such has a relationship with Umeme Ltd indirectly through Actis.
As a responsible employer Umeme is committed to providing competitive employment terms to its employees, in addition to providing safe and reliable electricity, improving customer service, minimizing energy losses and operating in a cost effective manner. To help in achieving these goals Umeme is looking to recruit individuals with high integrity, dedication and commitment to fill the position.
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 2 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: June 5, 2013 - 5pm
Reports to: Software Services Manager
Responsible for: Responsible for software testing and quality control for all software changes/enhancements
• Develop, implement and manage the processes for testing system changes
• Be responsible for all Testing and QA environments
• Develop test strategies across all areas of system, functional, integration and performance testing
• Plan, coordinate and lead testing activities
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent
• Two years + experience of working in a software testing environment
• Proven experience in developing and documenting test strategies and plans
• Proven experience in developing test cases and test data
Contact/How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Copies of certificates are not required at this stage. Please mark your application: “Umeme – position name” where you replace ‘position name’ with the position you are applying for. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala