Namayingo District Service Commission is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position above .
• Preparing periodic financial statements and reports for the District ;
• Preparing and reconciling bank statements to iron out discrepancies with the cash book;
• Carrying out daily financial adjustments from vouchers and ledgers ;
• Providing answers to audit queries and inquiries ;
• Supervising accounts staff and evaluating their performance ; and Processing and effecting staff payments in time .
• Either : An Honors Bachelors Degree in either Commerce (Accounting option) or Business Administration (Accounting option) or Business Studies (Accounting option) or Finance and Accounting and plus a Post graduate Diploma in Financial Management or Business Administration from a recognized Institution ;
• Or Full professional qualifications in Accountancy such as ACCA, CPA, ACIS and CPE obtained from a recognized awarding Institution/body accredited by ICPAU; Plus a minimum of a Post graduate Diploma in Financial Management or Business Administration from a recognized Institution ;
• At least 3 years of working experience as an Accountant in public or a reputable organization .
How to apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following posts in Namayingo District Local Government . Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008) to the Secretary , Namayingo District Service Commission P. O. Box 64, Bugiri to be received by the deadline.
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Office Kampala and the District Service Commission offices countrywide.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against each vacancy . Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, plus 3 recent passport size photographs . Only applications on PSC, Form No. 3 (2008) will be accepted.
Applicants already in service must route their applications through their heads of department who must be informed of the closing date to avoid delay . Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 /06 /2013