Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor ( Kampala)Start Date Mar 4, 2013
End Date Mar 11, 2013
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
MSH now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates
Reports to : Chief of Party (COP)
The Senior M&E Advisor works with the CoP and the Technical Advisors to ensure the development and implementation of the performance management plan (PMP) as well as program indicators necessary to track program targets and objectives.
S/he also supports the MoH and other relevant stakeholders to establish adequate national supply chain indicators and works with the Technical Advisors to ensure that developed information system tools adequately capture these indicators.
S/he oversees the tracking, analysis, interpretation and utilization of all program data as well as the compilation of program quarterly and annual reports. In addition the job holder will:
• Contribute to the development of the research agenda and provide leadership in the analysis and use of research results and findings
• Assist in the design and implementation of impact assessments in regards to pharmaceuticals and supply chain management
• Work with the various stakeholder M&E Specialists in setting up their M&E systems and implementing them
• Plan and implement M&E related capacity building activities
• Leading the data quality assurance role
• Ensure timely and quality completion of all M&E deliverables in line with USAID requirements including update of the USAID reporting systems
• Contribute to the development of the annual work plan
• Provide support during project evaluations and follow up on implementation recommendations.
• Supervise staff working in M&E department
1) Master’s degree in public health, demography, statistics or related field.
2) Minimum 5 years experience in health sector / systems monitoring and evaluation
3) Familiarity with supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic indicators
4) Capacity building/training experience a plus
5) Hands on experience with USAID M&E procedures and practices, and reporting requirements is highly desired
6) Ability to work in a fast-paced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines
7) Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills
8) Excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make presentations and effectively write/ edit reports
9) Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as STATA
10) Ability and willingness to travel within Uganda at least 20% of the time
11) Working experience in Uganda
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess
Ann Drive Bugolobi, P O Box 71419, Kampala
Deadline for submission: March 11, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates.
Note: detailed job descriptions can be accessed at www.sure.ug
Any form of canvassing by candidates will lead to immediate disqualification,”